Sunday, February 19, 2012

Another Weekend!

It's President's Day Weekend in the United States and from my perspective as I look out the window, it's gloomy with snow expected later today. How I yearn for those warm winter days in Hawaii.  But I digress.

For a three day weekend, nothing was really planned and if it were, I'd probably not do it because of other things. In fact, I decided to spend sometime with my wife, not really "wasting time", but having "together time". Instead of cleaning out our storage shed ($250 per month), we decided to catchup on what was on our DVR.  Here is a listing of what we watched, both on and off the DVR:

  1. It's Academic
  2. Undercover Boss (Checker and Rally's fast food restaurants)
  3. Doc Martin - PBS
  4. Sundance Channel - John Lennon "Time wounds all heels."  (Great quote!)
  5. Whitney Houston funeral (CNN) - Thank goodness I didn't watch all 4 hours!
  6. Paris (2008) - Interesting little subtitled movie with Juliette Binoche
  7. A Day in the Life - 24 July 2010 expose.  Very interesting!
  8. The Exam (Netflix) - Waste of time.
  9. Beyond Mombasa - Not bad for a 1957 movie.
As for today, Sunday, between Twitter, Accu-Weather and email, there are no major plans for television watching today. I think I burned myself out. But then again, I do have Netflix and there are thousands of movies I haven't watched. I may just grab a cup of coffee and sit at the edge of the garage and wait for the snow. (Now that would be relaxing!) Or I could continue the job hunt. (Yes, I'm still unemployed. Any leads?) Or grab one of many books and kick back with an adventure in some faraway land. 

No idea what today will bring. But it is the weekend and weekends are made for unpredictability and spontaneous activity. Whatever you decide to do today, have fun!

Aloha!

No comments: