Monday, February 13, 2012

Syria on the Brink of Civil War?

If you're not following the news, Syria is already in a civil war....and Assad's military is proving to be cruel, malicious and deadly. A strongly worded United Nations resolution is in the works. In it, I hope to hear strong language condemning the killing of innocent civilians, including women and children. But as it was stated in the movie, Rambo, "there are no innocent civilians."

On the domestic front, long time singer, Whitney Houston has died. The cause of her death is yet to be determined. On almost every channel that I turn to, there is a discussion of her death, her drug addiction and her troubled marriage to Bobby Brown. I was surprised when I read a tweet about it Saturday. I was more astounded when it finally made it to mainstream media. Will she be missed?  In some circles, yes. In others, she may have been considered a has been with no more voice. Which ever way you decided to remember her, rest in peace, Whitney. I will miss you.

Finally, where the heck is winter? The almost white out squall that passed through our region was fun to watch, photograph and experience. But it came and went too fast. My grandson didn't even have time to get his outside clothes on. He was sad. I was sad. Hopefully Mother Nature will stop listening to those that complain about the snow and listen to those that want her to dump 2 to 3 feet of the white fluffy stuff. 

It's Monday. The day is over. Time to relax.
Thanks for reading!

PS I'm still looking for a job!  Pass it on! 

No comments: